- Hate against minority groups is forbidden. This includes racism, sexism, ableism, xenophobia, homophobia,
transphobia,, antisemitism, islamophobia, queer exclusionism, etc.
- Content that is illegal under German Law is not permitted. This especially includes the promotion and
dissemination of any Nazi symbolism and ideology, except for education, reporting on past or current events, and
- Please add content description to all media that you post. This instance automatically adds a CW if it is missing.
If you are unable to create one, you can request one via the #DescriptionWanted hashtag
- Be considerate. Add content warnings for NSFW Content, common phobias, overly long posts, controversial subjects,
etc. Please try to avoid flashing images and quickly moving text inside of your posts.
- NSFW content is generally allowed, but all NSFW content must be properly marked as such, including kinks. Profile
images, names, bios, etc must be fully SFW, or they are subject to removal
- Bots are allowed, however they must be marked as such and must make unlisted posts, may only @ or interact with
posts of other users iff they have prompted the bot, or have given explicit permission to do so. Additionally, bots
may not post more than 10 posts in a 60 minute interval without interaction.
We highly encourage reporting posts violating our rules, even if they are not on our instance. Your reports will not be
ignored. For transparency we publish local moderation decisions for users on this server, and federation moderation
decisions on the #FediBlock
We do the following moderation automatically:
- Unlisting of bot posts
- Adding of CWs to unlabeled media
- Modification or removal of posts that cause issues with certain clients
What data do we collect?
We collect the following data:
- Email Addresses from local users
- Posts and Media uploaded by local users
- User Profiles and Posts by certain remote users
How do we collect your data?
If you are a user of this instance, we collect and process your data when you sign up for or use interactive features (e.g. Posting) of the Website.
If you are not a local user, we collect your data over the following ways:
- One of our users has requested to follow your account, and you have accepted the request.
- One of your posts has been interacted with by a remote account, that a local account has followed. This includes Replies, Repeats, Quotes, Likes, Emoji Reactions, and @-Mentions.
- You have requested that your post is shown to one of our users (i.e. through @-Mentions or DMs)
- User Interaction: One of our users has explicitely looked up your profile or one of your posts on this instance, for example to interact with it.
- You have posted a public post on an instance that participates in the awoo.today relay.
How will we use your data?
We collect your data so that we can:
- Store and display your posts to our local users
- Display public posts to anonymous users
- Deliver your public, unlisted, and private posts to your followers
- Deliver direct messages to the recipient
- Allow our users to follow you
- Allow our users to interact with your posts
As members of the awoo.today relay
, we will send posts that you have marked as “public” to all of the other instances participating in the relay.
How do we store your data?
We store your post, profile and account data securely in the Hetzner Datacenter in Falkenstein, Germany. See their DIN ISO/IEC 27001 certification
Media is stored on Backblaze B2
We employ technical security measures to avoid exposure to sensitive data.
We also store backups of post, profile, and account data in multiple locations, in an encrypted form, on our server near Chemnitz, Germany, as well as on Backblaze B2.
For technical reasons it is not possible modify these backups to remove your data. If this is a concern, please contact us.
What are your data protection rights?
We want to make sure that you are aware of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access
— You can request a copy of the data we have about you. This may require a short verification for remote users. Local users can do so in the settings under Export/Import
The right to rectification
— You can request us to correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the information you believe is inaccurate.
The right to erasure
— You can request us to erase the data we have about you.
The right to restrict to processing
— You can restrict us from transmitting your posts to other servers by setting your post visiblity to “Local”. Remote users can also restrict processing of certain posts, by setting its visiblity to “Unlisted” or “Private”.
The right to object to processing
— As a remote user, you can object to further processing of posts and profile data by blocking this domain.
The right to data portability
— You can at any point move to other instances. Due to technical restrictions, it is currently not possible to automatically transfer the users you follow and posts to your new account.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, or need help with the included tools, please contact us at our email email@example.com
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org
How to manage cookies
You can tell your browser to not accept cookies, or tell it to remove cookies this website has stored on your device. Please consult your browser’s documentation on instructions on how to do that.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this policy, the data we hold about you, or want to exercise one of your data protection rights, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint, or if you feel that we haven’t addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Sächsische Datenschutzbehörde
We also offer the Mastodon Web UI
. Keep in mind that some features are missing,
like emoji reactions, quoting, and JPEG XL.